What can you do to prevent a break-in?
Recent statistics from the FBI show that property crime rates have declined in the last few years, which is great news! But roughly 325,000 of homes are still being broken into every year. You can prevent this with a security system so your home is not one of them.
These facts are not meant to scare you, only to inform of what you can do to keep yourself safe. There are multiple steps you can take to protect your home immediately such as:
- Adding a dowel or board into the track of sliding doors and windows. Even if it is unlocked, it won’t budge.
- If you plan on keeping a window open, make sure it isn’t open more than 4 inches.
- Make your presence known if someone you don’t know or aren’t expecting knocks on the door.
- If you do answer the door, do so while talking on the phone or pretend you’re on the phone.
- This tells the potential burglar that someone else will know if there’s a break in.Get to know your neighbors so you can watch over their house and they can watch over yours.
For more protection such as a CCTV system, home alarm system, monitoring, and more, please give us a call to set up an appointment with one of our many qualified and certified salespeople. We pride ourselves on keeping you, your family, and your home safe.
For more statistics on crime and safety tips, please click here.