- Home Systems
- Business Systems
- Products & Services
- Why Amherst Alarm?
- Customer Support
Security systems have improved greatly in the last ten years and are now capable of doing more than ever!
Some of the features that today’s systems have are:
- Multiple codes for arming/disarming
- New user-friendly keypads
- Monitoring for water leaks, furnace/heat failure, and sump pump failure
- ANET Secure Radio Monitoring eliminates the need for a traditional phone line
- ANET24 gives you the ability to control your security system from your smartphone and also allows you to control heating, cooling, lights, locks, and even watch video cameras
Most systems are designed to last a minimum of ten years. Like any other appliance or electronic device, systems eventually need to be upgraded or replaced. It’s like the old color TV you have that kind of works, it has a greenish screen tint, the sound isn’t that great, and the remote doesn’t have a favorites button. Sure, it may be serviceable for a few more years, but eventually it will fail, usually when your favorite episode of The Brady Bunch is on.
A good time frame to consider an upgrade is around the 5-7 year mark, depending on the manufacturer and panel you installed originally.
Here are a few reasons you may want to consider a system upgrade:
- Your present system may have become obsolete and can no longer be repaired
- You may want to add additional equipment but your system is at its limit
- Most older systems are hard wired and it may be impossible to add extra equipment if additional wiring is needed
- Lifestyle changes may have changed how the system operates and it no longer suits your needs
Give us a call today at (716) 632-4600, and ask to speak about an upgrade with one of our system designers who can give you all the details about upgrading your protection!