- Home Systems
- Business Systems
- Products & Services
- Why Amherst Alarm?
- Customer Support
Contact sensors are small, simple, and unobtrusive devices that can detect when something such as a door, window, or cabinet has opened or closed. You can receive smart phone alerts if you want to keep tabs on something being opened or closed such as a front door, screen door, or garage. Below are some other examples of places you can keep these handy little devices that can make your life safer and easier.
- Medicine cabinet – Do you or a loved one need to take important medication every day at a specific time? Sometimes it is easy to forget if we have taken our pills while we are busy or first waking up. You can receive an alert on what time the cabinet is opened and closed to make sure the medication was taken on time without having to ask. There is also an option for a “no-show” reminder that alerts if the cabinet has not been opened by a certain time every day.
- Nursery door – Is your toddler starting to walk or do they try to leave their room in the middle of the night? Install a contact sensor and you will be alerted the moment their door opens so you can bring them back to bed safe and sound.
- Downstairs windows – One third of all burglaries are enabled by an unsecured window or door. Make sure that you are aware if a window downstairs is being opened while you are in bed or away from your home.
- Video game cabinet – We all need time to relax and unwind – after our work is completed. Do you want to make sure your children have done their homework before they have play time, but you may not be home to ensure this happens? Now you are able to get an alert if they open the cabinet before they are supposed to.
- Office drawers – Do you have important files or a set of keys that only you should have access to in your office? Get an alert any time this drawer or cabinet opens in case someone is snooping where they shouldn’t be.
- Refrigerator door – Are you or your family members a bit forgetful and sometimes leave the fridge door open? Now you will know if the door is left open for more than two minutes to save your food and cut down on energy costs!
- Safe – Although it is locked, you should be aware if a safe you own is being opened by a family member while you aren’t home. If they did not open the safe, then you know you may have a burglary on your hands and you can call the police.
There are endless options for what to put contact sensors on but these are some very important and lesser known ways to keep you, your family, and your home safe and sound. If you would like more information about contact sensors, give us a call today at 716-632-4600 and we would be happy to help!