It’s that time of year again when the kids head back to school.
There are so many details to iron out, from bus schedules to homework, that a home security system may very well be the last thing on your mind. However, with most of the family back at the daily grind, your house is more vulnerable than ever. A criminal is looking for a perfect back-to-school sale, and is considering turning your home into their next jackpot. The possibilities become even scarier if you are going to have children at home alone during the day.
At Amherst Alarm, we understand that crime can happen any time, day or night. Having the right home security system can make all the difference: Old-fashioned alarms are costly and can easily be disarmed by an opportunistic thief. Compared to outdated systems, Amherst Alarm’s Anet Secure system can provide advanced protection 24/7. You can protect your home – and your family members – with a customized security system that meets the needs of your family and your busy lifestyle.
In addition to getting the right home security system, you can keep your family safe with these back to school tips:
- Create a walking route to the bus stop and to school. When your child follows a direct route, it will ensure that they won’t get lost or distracted along the way.
- Walk the route to school with your children and make note of the people and places along the way.
- Most accidents happen to walkers in the middle of the block. Be sure that your kids know to only use crosswalks and designated corners to cross the street.
- Teach your child to walk without headphones on or Smartphones in hand while they are crossing the street. This will help them stay focused on their surroundings and out of harm’s way.
- Make sure your child knows how to call 911 and when they should reach out for help from police officers or firefighters.
- If your child will be home alone for any part of the day, be sure they know the rules about answering the door and the phone.
- Teach your child how to disarm and arm your home alarm system with the Anet Interactive app. This way they can get into the house and re-engage the alarm when they get home from school.
Amherst Alarm can protect your children when they are at home, but only you can teach them the value of safety when they are out in the world.
Whatever your needs, Amherst Alarm is here to help you create the right security solution for you. We can design a home alarm system that expands with your needs through a simple install. You can monitor your security system with the touch of a button thanks to our Anet Interactive mobile app, so you will always know when your house is secure.