False alarms take police, fire and medical workers away from real. That-s why Amherst Alarm is committed to reducing false alarms and takes this issue very seriously. We are not only members of the IQ Program but we have also led the way in helping reduce these alarms by working with our local authorities.
Managing alarms more effectively benefits everyone. By knowing and understanding your system you will cut down the burden on responding authorities by reducing or eliminating alarm dispatches. This saves time, money and most importantly, lives.
Here a few tips to prevent false alarms:
- Make sure all doors and windows with sensors are completely secured before turning on your alarm system.
- Be sure that everyone who will use your alarm system knows how to operate it properly and what to do if the system is set off accidentally.
- Make sure all contact information and passcodes are kept up-to-date.
- Have Amherst Alarm check your system regularly.
- Notify Amherst immediately if you think your system isn’t working properly.
- Notify Amherst Alarm if you plan any remodeling, get a pet or plan to sell your home.